Are you planning a snorkeling trip? Spending time floating above the reef marveling at the fish and sea life and the mesmerizing colors of the coral is a great way to have some fun in the water. Snorkeling requires no licensing like scuba diving, and it’s as easy as getting in the water and familiarizing yourself with breathing through the snorkel.
Owning your snorkeling gear removes the hassle and stress of renting ill-fitting equipment, and you always have it on hand for any trip. However, there are dozens of brands and hundreds of kits available, so which one do you choose for your trip?
This post unpacks the best snorkel gear. We’ll review the top sets to give you some options for your upcoming snorkeling adventure.
- Our Top Picks
- Snorkel Gear Reviews
- The Best Overall Snorkel Gear – U.S. Divers Cozumel Snorkeling Set
- The Best Premium Snorkel Gear – Cressi Palau Snorkel Set
- The Best Budget Snorkel Gear – Tongtai Snorkeling Set
- COZIA DESIGN Snorkel Set
- Ertong Snorkeling Set
- Zeeporte Snorkeling Set
- Supertrip Snorkeling Set
- Seavenger Aviator Snorkeling Set
- Createy Snorkeling Set
- Other Best Selling Options
- Snorkel Gear Buyers Guide
- Snorkeling Accessories
- Maintaining Your Snorkeling Gear
- Tips to Enhance Your Snorkeling Experience
- Snorkel Gear FAQs
- Snorkel Gear – The Verdict
Our Top Picks
- The Best Overall Snorkel Gear – U.S. Divers Cozumel Snorkeling Set
This set from U.S Divers offers you everything you need in a professional-level snorkeling kit. You get vented fins, and wide-view mask, and a pro snorkel.
- The Best Premium Snorkel Gear – Cressi Palau Snorkel Set
The Cressi Palau is a top-seller for snorkelers. It comes with everything you need to enjoy your first snorkeling experience, and it’s a good choice for advanced snorkelers as well.
- The Best Budget Snorkel Gear – Tongtai Snorkeling Set
If you’re going snorkeling on a budget, it’s hard to beat the value you get with the Tongtai set. You get an innovative wide-view mask design, excellent fins, and a dry-top snorkel to keep the saltwater out of your mouth.
Snorkel Gear Reviews
The Best Overall Snorkel Gear – U.S. Divers Cozumel Snorkeling Set
If you’re going snorkeling, we recommend you take along the U.S Divers Cozumel set for the best dive experience on the reef. This set is suitable for those snorkelers that demand professional-level equipment.
You get a good balance of functionality and comfort, with a wide-view mask featuring side windows for a wider field of vision. The mask strap is adjustable, with durable quick-release clips and a soft silicone skirt for a secure fit. You get tempered scratch-resistant glass and deep lenses for a full range of view underwater.
- COZUMEL SNORKELING SET: Comfort is key when it comes to underwater exploration. The ergonomically-designed snorkel set is made with dual-material construction that gives you a flexible, secure, customizable fit. Cozumel set includes an adult mask, snorkel, dual fins, and a travel bag. Fins are medium/large and fit 8 - 9.5 shoe size
- EASY-TO-USE: The Cozumel mask has a 3-Way adjust Pro-Glide buckle that allows you to easily fit the mask to your face for maximum comfort. Low profile two-window design and tempered glass lens offer a secure, leak-free, anti-fog experience streamlined fit for hours of comfortable, clear view exploring.
- SNORKEL: The Seabreeze snorkel has a comfortable, ergonomically-shaped mouthpiece designed to reduce jaw fatigue, and a one-way purge to easily clean any accumulated water. With Splash guard top uses Hydro-adhesion technology to prevent splashed water from entering snorkel barrel
- DUAL FINS: The large dual composite fins with vented blades provide excellent power and energy-saving efficiency with soft closed-heel foot pocket will snug and fit comfortably on your barefoot for sizes 8 - 9.5 shoe size enhance your snorkeling adventures when exploring and uncovering new depths
- EXPLORE ANYWHERE: The compact gear bag makes it easy to store and transport your snorkel equipment and has a mesh panel for quick drying to avoid mildew buildup on your gear. Whether you’re a first-time diver or a seasoned professional this set will amplify your next adventures
The pro-style snorkel comes with a comfortable mouthpiece to reduce jaw fatigue when breathing. There’s a purge valve and splash guard with hydro-adhesion tech to prevent water from entering the tube.
The fins feature dual-composite design and construction, with vented blades for finning efficiency and reduced drag. The closed heel design gives the fins a snug fit, with no need for booties. Overall, this set offers you the best deal, trusted by real Navy SEALs for high-performance in the water.
You get a carry bag included with your purchase. There are seven color options to suit your style.
What We Like
- Professional design.
- Vented Fins
- Pro snorkel
- Carry bag included.
The Best Premium Snorkel Gear – Cressi Palau Snorkel Set
If you’re looking for a high-quality snorkeling setup suitable for professional use, we recommend going with the Cressi Palau set. You get a deep lens mask with a tempered glass construction and a wide field of view. There’s a comfortable silicone head strap and skirting for a secure fit, with micrometric quick-release adjustment buckles.
- SET INCLUDES: Cressi Italian Made Palau Short Adjustable Fins, Cressi Italian Made Marea Dual Lens Tempered Glass Mask, Cressi Supernova Dry Snorkel, Cressi Drawstring Closure Mesh Bag.
- MASK FEATURES: Dual Tempered Glass Lenses, Double Feathered Skirt Edge, 100% Clear High Quality Silicone, Extraordinary Comfort and Fit, Wide Field of View, Micrometric Easy Adjust Buckles.
- SNORKEL FEATURES: Anti-Splash Dry Top Design, Top Seals when Submerged, Easy Clear Purge Valve, Replaceable Mouthpiece, Silicone Mouthpiece & Corrugated Tube, Quick Release Snorkel Keeper.
- FIN FEATURES: Excellent Comfort and Versatility, Blade Delivers Excellent Thrust with a Modest Kicking Effort, Blade Extends from Top of Foot Pocket for Maximum Surface Area, Quick Adjust.
- BAG FEATURES: Perfect for Transport, Drawstring Closure w/Barrel Lock Fastener, Dimensions: (L x W) 29.5" x 10.8" (75cm x 27.5cm)
The snorkel comes with an ergonomic mouthpiece to reduce breathing fatigue in the jaw and a purge valve for removing any water on your return to the surface. The snorkel also features corrugated tubing for easy movement of the mouthpiece. To top seal on the snorkel traps the tube when diving, ensuring no entry of water into the snorkel.
The open-heel design means you’ll need to wear booties with these fins. However, you get a stiff fin providing excellent propulsion and raised edges on the flukes for better passage of water over the blade and less energy required when finning. You get a mesh carry bag included with your purchase.
What We Like
- Wide-view mask.
- Closed snorkel prevents water entry.
- Professional quality.
The Best Budget Snorkel Gear – Tongtai Snorkeling Set
If you’re looking for the best value deal in this review, we recommend going with this set from Tongtai. While it’s somewhat of an unknown brand, this set comes with plenty of features that make it an excellent buy.
The mask features a panoramic tempered glass lens, allowing the widest field of view thanks to the open eye bridge and deep pockets on the bottom edges. It’s a low-volume mask, and the wide lens provides a 180-degree uninterrupted view of your surroundings. There are quick-release adjustment buckles and a comfortable silicone skirt and head strap.
- 〖ADULTS & KIDS SNORKELING GEAR 〗:Professional Snorkeling set for adults & kids come with adjustable diving fins,Panoramic Anti-Fog snorkel Mask,Advanced Dry Snorkel.You can enjoy easy and unobstructed breathing while diving underwater.
- 〖PANORAMIC SNORKEL MASK〗:Made of panoramic tempered glass with anti-fog treatment reduces fogging,snorkel mask makes your for a stunning ocean view.Diving masks can withstand underwater pressure while diving and snorkeling, ultimate comfort.Adjust elastic silicone strap can be adjusted to fit different face shapes.Snorkeling mask with soft liquid silicone skirt creates a strong and comfortable seal without worrying about water leakage.
- 〖HIGH-QUALITY DRY SNORKEL〗:Unobstructed breathing dry top snorkeling mask,dry adult snorkeling set is designed with a splash guard and purge valve, which can prevents the water from entering the snorkel when you descend below the waterline.and it designed of keep water from entering the breathing tube,food-grade silicone mouthpiece is comfortable and durable.so you can enjoy easy and unobstructed breathing while snorkel gear set underwater.
- 〖ADJUSTABLE SWIM FINS〗:The blade delivers excellent thrust with a modest kicking effort, perfect for your snorkeling or diving adventure.Snorkel fins with adjustable open heel design,It comes with strong rapid action buckles to adjust the strap,the foot pocket and the strap are made of long-lasting rubber that ensures a comfortable fit.
- 〖BEST GIFT FOR SNORKEL LOVER〗:Adjustable Snorkeling fins x2,Dry top snorkel x1,Snorkel diving mask x1,User manual x1,Gear mesh bag x1,perfect suitable for snorkeling,swimming,body surfing and so on. Swimming snorkel with fins is all you need for the absolute snorkeling experience,snorkel set is suitable for adults men,women,kids.
The dry top snorkel blocks water from entering the snorkel tube when you dive, and there’s a corrugated mouth tube for easy positioning of the snorkel. The bottom features a purge valve, and you get a comfortable mouthpiece for reducing jaw fatigue.
The fins feature an open-heel design, with vents for easy draining and less drag in the water. The quick-adjusting buckles make it easy to secure the fin to any size foot, and you have five color options available. You get a mesh carry bag included.
What We Like
- Wide-view panoramic mask.
- Dry-top snorkel.
- Vented fins.
If you want to float on the surface over shallow reefs, the Corzia set is a great option. The full-face mask design offers you the widest, uninterrupted view of all models in this review. However, it’s only suitable for floating on the surface. The high volume of the mask means it starts to shift position and leak when diving deeper than 6-feet.
However, the mask offers you easy breathing on the surface, with dedicated inhale and exhale valves and tempered glass. The mask seals tightly to the face without causing pain from pressure, and the adjustable head strap keeps it in position.
- HIGH VALUE SNORKLE SET FOR ADULTS - Meet our new snorkeling mask with separate breathing chambers system. Includes adjustable swimming fins, travel size created. Featuring a folding tube, this ultra compact snorkeling set fits even your hand luggage
- FULL OXYGEN DIVING MASK - Designed with separate inhale and exhale chambers, the snorkel mask adult prevents fogging, so you can breathe smoothly & swim longer. Our snorkel masks full face feature a flat lens that offers you a clear 180° view
- ORIGINAL ANTI FOG & ANTI LEAK - The Cozia Design engineering team brought up the perfect snorkeling mask full face. Shaped from strong polycarbonate plastic and soft medical grade silicone around the face, seals up instantly for a safe, no leak fit. Please note that the mask might not seal completely for some types of beards.
- PERFECT FIT FOR YOU - Anyone can swim using our snorkel gear for adults. The swimming mask is available in 2 sizes perfectly fitting men, women & teenagers. The one size adjustable snorkel fins fit with a simple click & pull move: Women US sizes 7 – 12.5 and Men US sizes 6 – 10.5.
- FULL CUSTOMER SUPPORT - Our customer support team is available 24/7 to answer any question and solve any situation. If you’re not satisfied with your new snorkel set with fins we’ll happily give your money back
The integrated snorkel built into the top of the mask sits at a comfortable angle, allowing you to keep your face in the water, and the dry-top design prevents water from entering.
You get a set of split fins offering you finning efficiency, saving energy during your dive. The open-heel design allows easy adjustment, but you’ll need booties to prevent the fins from digging into the front of your feet.
What We Like
- Panoramic mask with full-face design.
- Built-in dry-top snorkel.
The Ertong snorkeling set is another great choice from a lesser-known brand. This set features a wide-view panoramic mask with a three-mirror design, featuring a wraparound design on the edges and an uninterrupted bridge for the widest viewing angle.
There’s a wide head strap securing the mask to your head, with micro-adjustment clips and a soft liquid silicone skirt.
- Snorkel Mask: The diving mask and headband use imported 100% liquid silicone, which is resistant to seawater corrosion, food safety, colorless and odorless, and will not cause allergy to any skin. Adjustable elastic silicone strap can be adjusted to fit different face shapes.
- Snorkel Breath Tube: The silicone material is used for the diving breath tube, the size is moderate,tasteless and non-toxic,which use the most stable dry floating valve design,and the flexible breath tube is easy to breath and drain,the sealing is better and more durable.
- Scuba Fins: The unique drag reduction design of this pair of diving fins can effectively divert the water flow.The reduction in drag helps minimize fatigue,cramping and ankle strain associated with paddle fins.The swimmer also could be wear socks to fastening feet,both of flippers have one adjustable straps to Slip, and boast anti-slip bottoms.
- Universal Diving Package: Snorkel package with snorkel fins is all you need for the absolute snorkeling experience.Generally,snorkel set fins size S/M fit US shoes size 4.5 to 8.5;size L/XL fit US shoes size 9 to 13.Snorkel flippers with adjustable open heel design can be adjust to adapt most people and you can share it with your friends or family.
- After Sale Service: As soon as you buy our snorkel set, We will provide full-life free service for every customers. We confidently believe that we will bring the customers the most satisfied buying experience.If the glasses are damaged due to Amazon shipping, Please contact us for free replacement.
The snorkel features a dry-top design to prevent water from entering the tube ion dives and easy clearing back at the surface. You get a purge valve and corrugated tubing on the lower half of the snorkel, with a comfortable mouthpiece to reduce jaw fatigue when breathing.
The fins included with this set are fantastic, featuring a diversion channel for better propulsion and drainage holes to reduce drag. The fins have an open-heel design, with quick-release buckles for easy adjustment. These fins have a longer blade, allowing for deeper diving to 50-foot reefs.
You get a choice of five colors for the set, but there is no carry bag included.
What We Like
- Long-blade fins with diversion channels.
- Panoramic mask.
- Affordable price.
- Dry-top snorkel.
The Zeeporte snorkeling set brings your great value and plenty of features. The mask features a tempered glass lens with 180-degree vision and an uninterrupted nose bridge for enhanced viewing underwater. You get a soft silicone skirt and head strap, with adjustable clips and deep lens pockets with a comfortable nose piece.
- Mask Fins Snorkel Set: With adjustable fins longs ventilation tube set, the impact-resistant & durable PC lens is anti fog, dry top silicone snorkel, travel gear bag, it's the ultimate travel companion, suitable for snorkeling, swimming, body surfing, boogie boards and more.
- 180-degree Panoramic View Diving Mask: Three-Lens design with side windows reinforced tempered glass single lens with anti-fog treatment reduces fogging, and a snorkel mask allows you to enjoy clear stunning sea views.The mask's skirt is designed with soft and flexible silicone, while the food grades silicone mouthpieces safely seal the face and fit perfectly to your mouth without any odor.
- Free Breathing Dry Top Snorkel: High-quality snorkels with a dry-top valve, can seal the breathing tube after immersion.The dry ventilation tube is designed to prevent water from entering the breathing tube, and the ergonomic silicone nozzle is safe and durable.The lower purge valve allows water to drain quickly, so you can enjoy a comfortable snorkelling experience.
- Flexible Adjustable Swim Flippers: The longer, lighter and responsive blade ensures smooth, easy and powerful kicks. Trek fins with open heels and adjustable straps, and foot pocket and straps are made of long-lasting rubber for comfort. Blades provide excellent thrust of moderate kicking power, good for snorkeling or diving adventures.
- Witness Your Happy Underwater Journey: Three essential items in a quick-dry mesh bag.Reusable bags are ideal for travel and leisure use.Whether you're a first-time diver or an experienced professional, this package will give you the chance to take your next adventure and is perfect for a trip.
The snorkel is another masterpiece, with a corrugated lower stem and silicone mouthpiece for a comfortable fit. There’s a purge valve and ergonomic tube with a dry top to prevent water from entering the snorkel when you dive.
The fins have a rounded blade design to reduce drag, with vented foot pockets and open-heel adjustable straps. You get a channeled fin blade with vents in the center for added propulsion and finning efficiency to reduce energy expenditure when finning.
This set is a great choice for beginners, and it comes with a carry bag included with your purchase.
What We Like
- Panoramic 180-degree mask.
- Vented, channeled fin blades.
- Ergonomic snorkel.
The Supertrip snorkeling set is a great choice for first-time snorkelers and advanced divers. You get a low-volume mask, allowing dives to deeper reefs in the 50-foot range. The mask features soft, leak-proof silicone skirting and a wide head strap to keep it secure. There are adjustable strap clips and deep lens pockets for a wide view.
- Anti-fog Coated Tenpered Glass：The 180° View design of diving mask can enjoy maximum under-water visibility. The anti fog technology used for lenses make you have an unobstructed vision; qualified tempered glasses can withstand the water pressure while snorkeling and diving.
- Improved 3-channel Dry Snorkel：There are main drain valves and auxiliary drain valves of dry snorkel to separate the water flow from the air. The upper end of the hose is equipped with a rebound anti-asphyxia system. The upper tube adopts a larger-diameter tube body to increase the air intake and make breathing more uniform. The drain valve path is inclined upward to effectively prevent water retention and entry.
- Flexible Adjustable Fins: The blade delivers excellent thrust with a modest kicking effort, perfect for your snorkeling or diving adventure.Open heel with adjustable strap fits various foot types&sizes, barefoot or with water socks/shoes.The foot pocket and the strap are made of long-lasting rubber that ensures a comfortable fit.
- Food grade environmentally friendly materials：The Supertrip snorkel and mask set are made from food-grade silicone and comes with great comfort. The food grade silicone mouthpiece allows prolonged using without any discomfort. The snorkel set is suitable for adults youth mens and womens.
- Get Snorkeling Mask, Snorkel and Fins in One Go: Supertirp snorkel set with adjustable fins, dry top silicone snorkel, travel gear bag, it's the ultimate travel companion and is suitable for snorkeling, swimming, body surfing, boogie boards and much more. S/M- US fins size: 6-8；L/XL- US fins size: 9-11.
The snorkel has one of the most innovative designs we’ve seen. You get a three-channel design featuring main drain valves and auxiliary drain valves, separating the air from the water flow. The upper chamber of the hose comes with a rebounding anti-asphyxia system.
The upper snorkel tube has a large-diameter tube design, increasing air intake allowing for uniform breathing. The drainage valve path inclines upward, preventing water entry and retention. The fins feature a comfortable foot pocket with an open-heel design and adjustable straps.
The blades have vented designs towards the edges of the foot pockets, improving flexion of the blade while improving propulsion. Supertrip includes a set of silicone earplugs, but there’s no carry bag included.
What We Like
- Vented fin design.
- Low volume mask.
- Double snorkel purge valves.
Seavenger brings you a high-performance and affordable snorkeling set for beginners. You get a wide-view panoramic mask with a bridged lens offering you a 180-degree view.
The deep lens pockets give you a wide field of vision and include tempered glass construction for scratch resistance and strength. A silicone skirt and head strap secure the mask for a leak-free fit. Adjust the mask with the quick-release clips, and the soft nose pocket provides a comfortable fit.
- ALL AGES — XXS size available for kids and youth.
- EASY DRY TOP SNORKEL – Dry top splash guard and purge valve keep water out of the tube.
- COMPACT FINS — 16 inch short fins with open foot pocket are great for travel.
- PANORAMIC VIEWS – Single lens tempered glass mask resists scratches from sand.
- TRAVEL CONVENIENTLY – Fully packed set of 4 items measures 17 x 11 x 7 inches and weighs 2 pounds.
The ergonomic snorkel design hugs the jawline, with a corrugated tube at the bottom section for easy positioning and a silicone mouthpiece to reduce jaw fatigue. The dry top snorkel design prevents water from entering the tube when diving, and there’s a purge valve in the bottom chamber for clearing the tube.
The fins feature short blades for better control and tight turns, and the raised channels shuttle the water moving over the blade, improving propulsion. You get an open-heel design for easy adjustment of the quick-release clips. You get a choice of ten colors and a mesh carry bag included with your purchase.
What We Like
- Wide-view panoramic mask.
- Dry top ergonomic snorkel.
- Mesh carry bag included.
Beginners looking for snorkeling sets offering you plenty of value at an affordable price will love the Createy. You get a wide-view mask with deep lens pockets and a clear frame to enhance the light coming into the mask.
The low-volume design makes it ideal for diving deep without the mask wanting to rip off your face. There’s s silicone head strap and skirting, securing the mask for a comfortable fit with no pressure around the eyes.
- 🏊 Professional Mask Fin Snorkel Set for Adults - One quick-drying travel gear bag contains adjustable swim fins, swim goggles with nose cover, dry top silicone snorkel, and a pair of earplugs to meet all your needs for snorkeling, swimming, free diving, scuba diving, body surfing and much more. The snorkel set is very suitable for professionals and beginners.
- 🏂 Anti-fog Panoramic View Snorkel Dive Mask - Lens of snorkel gear is made of tempered glass with anti-fog treatment, which can withstand the impact of sharp objects and deep water pressure, safety first. Snorkel set gear gives a super clear 180°Panoramic view of the underwater world which means you'll have a crystal clear underwater experience. The soft silicone skirt can perfectly fit various face shapes to form a complete watertight seal, without feeling uncomfortable.
- 🏊 Easy Breathing Dry Top Snorkel - The diving snorkel adopts the stable dry floating valve design and can be fixed on the snorkel mask by a buckle, easy to breathe and exhaust. Even for beginners, breathing under water will be of great help. The food-grade silicone mouthpiece is safe, non-toxic, comfortable and durable, you can enjoy relaxing and free breathing while diving and snorkeling underwater.
- 🏂 Flexible Adjustable Snorkel Fins - Swim Flippers with adjustable open heel design, quick and easy to try it on and adjust size up or down, lightweight and the responsive blades maximize power of every kick with minimal effort and translate it into speed, minimize fatigue and prevent cramps. It uses the unique open toe and cool flame shaped mesh instep design, it will help to reduce resistance and you will feel more comfortable and breathable, perfect for your snorkeling or diving adventure.
- 🏊 Makes Swimming More Fun, Safter, And Easier! - 3 essential items in one quick-dry mesh bag, you can take it to anywhere you want with ease, your travel for underwater exploring would be much more fun and more wonderful. ((Reminder: Please kindly refer to the flipper size chart to pick yours, and purchase sizes up if wear with dive booties together) Any concerns on this snorkel set, please contact us immediately, we are very happy to provide a Refund or Replacement.
The top-dry snorkel keeps the water out of the tube when diving and the ergonomic design hugs the face, with the corrugated lower tube providing easy positioning. The mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue, and there’s a purge valve for clearing the water from the breathing tube.
The Createy set comes with fins featuring vented foot pockets to reduce drag and a dual-fin design with raised edges shuttling the water over the blade for optimal propulsion and energy conservation when finning. Createy includes a set of silicone earplugs, and you get a clear carry bag for stowing your gear.
What We Like
- Affordable price tag.
- Excellent value.
- Includes earplugs.
Other Best Selling Options
- Full mask fin snorkel set: zeeporte long snorkel set with adjustable fins, two window tempered glass lens mask, dry top silicone snorkel, travel gear bag, it's the ultimate travel companion and is suitable for snorkeling, swimming, body surfing, boogie boards and much more.
- Panoramic view snorkel dive mask: made of a four-window design for a panoramic view with tempered glass lens and hypoallergenic silicone skirt, zeeporte snorkel mask can withstand underwater pressure while diving and snorkeling, ultimate comfort. the diving mask's skirt is designed with soft and flexible silicone and the food-grade silicone mouthpiece is safe creates a watertight seal with the any driver's face and attached to your mouth perfectly without any peculiar smell.
- Unobstructed breathing dry top snorkel: a high-quality snorkel with a dry-top valve that seals the breathing tube when submerged. dry top snorkel is designed to keep water from entering the breathing tube, ergonomic silicone mouthpiece is comfortable and durable. Lower purge valve allows water to be quickly expelled, so you can enjoy easy and unobstructed breathing while diving underwater.
- Flexible adjustable trek fins: longer, lightweight and the responsive blade assure a kick that is fluid, effortless yet at the same time quite powerful. trek fins with open-heel style and adjustable strap, the foot pocket and the strap are made of long-lasting rubber that ensures a comfortable fit. The zeeporte blade delivers excellent thrust with a modest kicking effort, perfect for your snorkeling or diving adventure.
- All-in-one packing gear bag: 3 essential items in one quick-dry mesh bag. re-usable zip-up bag with a shoulder strap, perfect for travel and recreational use. amazing low package for all four items and good for traveling.
- 【Mask Fins Snorkel Set for Adults】3 In 1 snorkel set include dry top anti-seawater corrosion snorkel , adjustable swimming fins and swimming goggles meet all the needs of your swimming, snorkeling, freedom, scuba diving, etc., so that you can explore underwater Travel is more exciting.
- 【Anti-Fog & Anti-Leak Dive Mask】The snorkeling diving mask features 180° panoramic view tempered glass lens designed for snorkeling, swimming, and scuba diving; scuba goggles with ergonomically designed for maximum fit with different face shapes, more comfortable to wear, and stronger sealing; The skirt is made of soft food-grade liquid transparent silicone, and provide the ultra visibility, and you will have a crystal clear underwater experience!
- 【Breathe Easily Dry Top Snorkel】A high-quality snorkel with a dry-top valve that let air in when you surface and will automatically block to prevent water from entering the snorkel when you below the waterline, and the purge valve allows for easy clearing and draining water out of the snorkel, so you can enjoy easy and unobstructed breathing while diving underwater.
- 【Flexible Adjustable Swim Fins】Upgraded trek fins made of high-quality Polypropylene (PP), and Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR), and you can wear it barefoot or with fin socks for extra protection. Flexible and has an anti-slip sole to prevent cramps and minimize fatigue. Snorkel fins with adjustable open heel design that can be adjustable to fit most people; Just check our size chart to find your suitable size and we also suggest one size up if you have wide feet or if you're in between sizes.
- 【Portable Quick-Dry Gear Bag】The snorkel set with fins is paired with a quick-dry gear bag so that you can pack and carry them. You don't need to worry about how to carry too much snorkeling equipment. The quick drying and breathable storage bag is a storage assistant for swim/ diving training, snorkeling and seaside traveling.
- Snorkeling Mask, Fins, Snorkel Set All in One: With adjustable fins longs ventilation tube set, HD durable impact-resistant anti-fog PC lenses, dry top silicone snorkel, travel gear bag. Our snorkel gear has all the gear you need for snorkeling to help you explore the underwater world cheerfully. As an ultimate travel companion, it's suitable for snorkeling, swimming, body surfing, boogie boards, and more.
- 180-Degree Panoramic View Diving Mask: Three-Lens design with side windows reinforced tempered glass single lens with anti-fog treatment reduces fogging. It can not only withstand the water pressure while snorkeling and diving well but also allow you to enjoy clear stunning sea views. The mask's skirt is designed with soft and flexible silicone, which is well sealed to prevent it from leaking, the adjustable strap offers a just suitable wear experience.
- How Do We Make You a Nice Snorkeling Experience?-- One of the keys is to maintain smooth breathing. Our Dry top snorkel installs a floating ball in the top to keep water from inflowing entering the snorkel when you descend below the waterline. In addition, a lower drainage valve allows water to be quickly expelled so that it won't influence your breathing. The 100% food grades silicone mouthpieces safely seal the face and fit perfectly to your mouth without any odor.
- Flexible Adjustable Swim Flippers: The longer, lighter and responsive blade ensures smooth, easy, and powerful kicks. Fins with open heels and adjustable straps fit all foot shapes and sizes, barefoot or water socks/shoes, please refer to the fin size chart to choose. Foot pockets and straps are made of long-lasting rubber for comfort. Blades provide an excellent thrust of moderate kicking power, good for snorkeling or diving adventures.
- 100% Product Guarantee and After Service. With Essential equipment for snorkeling and Reusable bags, it's ideal for travel and leisure use whether you're a first-time diver or an experienced professional. We are professionals in snorkeling for years, please contact us first if you suffer any problems, we will offer solutions for your first time.
Snorkel Gear Buyers Guide
After reading through the reviews of the best snorkel gear, it’s time to unpack what you need to look for in a good set and what to expect from it in the water.
This buyer’s guide breaks down the set’s individual components to give you an idea of the features you need to look for in the best snorkel gear.
The right snorkeling mask needs to enhance your viewing experience in the water. If you pull off your mask underwater, you’re in for a shock.
Unless you get into the ocean regularly, your eyes will react to the saltwater, making visibility impossible, even in clear water.
The mask forms the barrier between you and the water, allowing you to see every polyp on the reef, and all the colors in the fish. Here’s what you need to look for in a top-quality snorkeling mask.
The head strap secures the mask to your face. Look for models with quick-adjustment clips to fit them comfortably to your face. The mask should fit tight, but not so tight that it causes pain in your face.
Skirting and Nose Pocket
Similar to the head strap, the skirting should feature design and construction with silicone materials for a comfortable and leak-free fit to your face.
The skirting is important because if it weathers, it starts leaking, and you can throw the mask away. Feathered skirting is the best option for a leak-free mask. The nose pocket needs to provide a comfortable fit.
The lens of the mask is crucial to your snorkeling experience. The lens should feature design and construction with tempered glass to avoid shattering. Some designs have two independent lenses, while others have a bridged design linking the right and left lens in a panoramic view.
Some masks have side windows providing a wider field of view, drawing more light into the mask for clearer vision in lower visibility conditions. Look for masks with a low volume between the lenses and your eyes to improve range of view and deep pocket lenses to give you a deeper view of your surroundings.
Low-Volume or High-Volume?
The mask volume refers to the area and volume inside the mask, from the skirting to the lens. A high-volume mask is more common and the more affordable option, while low-volume masks are usually more popular for scuba and spearfishing where you go deeper.
With a low-volume mask, there is less air and less buoyancy in the mask, preventing it from tearing off your face at dept. For example, full-face masks are challenging to dive with because the high volume in the facial area wants o rip off your face at depths below ten feet.
In most snorkeling scenarios, you’re diving to depths of ten to 15-feet, and a high-volume mask won’t make any difference to its performance.
Mask Fitment Tips
Fitting your mask on land before you hit the water is necessary to avoid things going wrong when you jump off the boat. The first rule – get rid of the facial hair. The mask won’t seal on facial hair. So, if you want to keep your mustache, make sure you shave it low enough so the skirt can seal around your nose and face.
The mask will have a proper fit if you place it on your face and it sticks in place while you breathe in through your nose. If air moves past the edges, you need the next size down. Keep the strap on the back of your head secure just above your eye-line to prevent it from slipping.
If water enters your mask, it’s a good idea to return to the surface to clear it. However, if you’re deeper and want to stay under, breathe out through your nose and lightly lift the seal at the top of the mask. The air bubbles will force the air out, allowing you to see.
Is a Full-Face Snorkeling Mask Worth It?
A full-face mask is a lot of fun, especially if you’re floating on the surface. These specialist masks don’t suit diving, as the high volume will tear it from your face when you get to depths below ten feet or so.
So, if you’re planning on hanging out at the surface, the full-face mask is a good choice. However, get yourself a standard mask if you want to dive deeper than ten feet.
Snorkeling Fins Guide
Fins are essential for snorkeling. If you’re on the bottom and want to return to the surface quickly, fins can mean the difference between drowning and a safe return. Fins come in various designs, including split blades and solid blades.
Look for models offering channels that direct the water flow over the blade for better propulsion through the water. The biggest issue with choosing the right find is the foot pocket. Cheap find use low-quality, stiff materials in the foot pocket that dig into the top of your feet, causing pain.
Look for fins with supple, soft fin pockets. You don’t need fins with long blades if you’re going snorkeling. Look for models with lengths between 17″ to 24″ for the best results.
Fin Fitment Tips
To get the proper fit for your fins, fit them to your foot and stand up. The foot pocket should allow for flexion without feeling like it’s pinching on the top of your foot. If you have closed heels, your foot should take some effort to pop out of the foot pocket. With closed-heels, the fins should offer a tight fit but not cause discomfort.
Closed or Open Heel Fins? – Which Is the Better Choice?
Either is a good choice. Typically, if you plan on doing more finning, a closed-heel is the better choice. The heel-strap design may be uncomfortable for finning, wearing away at your ankle and Achilles tendon, causing pain on longer trips.
The snorkel allows you to breathe at the surface while looking down into the water. There are three types of snorkels available.
This snorkel has a valve and a buoy inside a cage at the top of the tube. When you dive, or a wave splashes against the snorkel, the buoy ball moves into the tube, blocking the water from entering. While they are handy for beginners, most advanced snorkelers won’t bother with this feature.
These snorkels feature a splash guard at the top, but they don’t prevent water entering. The guard does stop some water from entering, but it’s not a complete block like the dry snorkel.
These snorkels have no guard or cage at the top. They are typically the choice of advanced spearfisherman and freedivers.
Clearing your Snorkel
To clear your snorkel, swim to the surface and blow out hard. Make sure you wait for a fraction of a second before you breathe to let any remaining water settle before you inhale.
If you get water in your snorkel, you’ll need to clear it. All the models in this review feature a purge valve just below the mouthpiece.
If you clear your snorkel at the surface, and there is still some water, breathe out hard, and the water should pass through the purge valve, making breathing easier.
Keep the sun off your skin on hot days.
It comes in handy more often than you would like to think!
We recommend avoiding gloves. Most divemasters won’t let you on their boat with them.
Keep your phone and other valuables dry on the boat.
The buoy lets boats know you’re in the water and to look out for you.
Your “exposure suit” is the technical term for a wetsuit. In most tropical snorkeling environments, you don’t need to bother with a wetsuit.
Maintaining Your Snorkeling Gear
Rinse After Use
After a dive, saltwater will perish the seals; rinse all your gear clean, even your wetsuit.
Keep your gear out of the sun in protective containers. The sun weathers the silicone in the mask skirt.
Replace Weathered Gear
If your mask skirt looks worn or perished., replace it to avoid disappointment on your snorkeling adventure.
Tips to Enhance Your Snorkeling Experience
Use the Drift
Watch the best snorkelers, and you’ll see they hardly ever fin. They rely on the drift of the current to move them along the reef. This practice of folding your arms and crossing your legs lets you conserve energy.
Keep Your Hands to Yourself
The reason why gloves are “verboten” on snorkeling trips is that you’ll use them to touch the coral and collect shells or other sea objects. Please don’t touch the reef; it’s a living organism, and don’t take anything from the water but memories or videos.
Apply sunscreen after fitting your mask on the boat. Rubbing it around the area where the skirting sits will cause leaks.
Even though you’re underwater, your body requires hydration to keep going. If the weather is hot, bring along water for the trip.
Snorkel Gear FAQs
Q: Should I rent or buy my snorkeling gear?
A: If you’re going on a trip and you don’t have any intention of snorkeling in the future, you’ll find it cheaper to rent your gear. However, if you’re planning on snorkeling a few times a year, buy your gear. Rentals are fine, but the equipment might not be in the best condition.
The last thing you need is to get to your dive site to find that your mask leaks because of weathered skirting. Or, the fins might not give you a good fit, causing your feet to tire fast when finning. Buying your gear ensures you have full control over it, and no one uses it but you.
Q: How do I prevent my mask from fogging?
A: Several anti-fog solutions are available for treating your mask to prevent fogging. However, why spend money when you have the best anti-fog solution inside your mouth? Saliva is as effective as any specialized anti-fogging formula available.
Before taking your mask out for the first use, rub some toothpaste inside the lenses. The tempered glass has a layer on the inside of the lens that increases fogging, and the toothpaste removes it. After that, rinse it out till clean, and spit in the mask., Rub your saliva around the interior, and then rinse clean with saltwater. That’s all its takes for a fog-free snorkeling experience.
Q: Should I buy cheap or expensive snorkeling gear?
A: If you’re planning on going on a trip where you’re going to try snorkeling for the first time, don’t throw your wallet at the most expensive equipment. If you’re only going to go for a trip every few years, you can get away with one of the affordable options on this list. If you’re planning on snorkeling a few times a season, then investing in top-drawer equipment is worth the money.
Q: Where is the best place to buy the best snorkeling gear?
A: We recommend you buy your snorkeling gear from Amazon. Amazon has the best prices and a comprehensive range, including all the sets mentioned on this list. You get free overnight shipping for Prime members and buyer protection on your order.
Snorkel Gear – The Verdict
After reading through the best snorkel gear reviews, you probably have your eye on a set that’s right for you. We curated this list of the best options to give you a mesmerizing experience. However, if you’re still on the fence with your purchase decision, why not go for one of our top picks? We have a snorkeling gear set to suit any conditions and any budget.
- The Best Overall Snorkel Gear- U.S. Divers Cozumel Snorkeling Set
- The Best Premium Snorkel Gear- Cressi Palau Snorkel Set
- The Best Budget Snorkel Gear -Tongtai Snorkeling Set